The Do’s and Don'ts of Using a Massage Gun
Massage guns are arguably one of the most effective home recovery tools out there. While they can be very helpful with muscle recovery, there are some do's and don'ts to know before whipping yours out.
- Read the Instructions: Before using your massager, make sure to read any and all instructions, warnings and reminders.
- Seek Professional Advice: It’s important to check with a medical professional before using a massage gun, especially if you have any health concerns or prior injuries as they are not suited for everyone.
- Less is More: As with many things, less is more when it comes to massages and a massage gun session shouldn’t exceed more than 10-15 minutes.
- Research, Research, Research: Just like starting any new health activity, do your research beforehand to figure out the best methods, type of massage gun and/or if it is suitable for you entirely.
- Use a Hands-Free Mount: Hands-free mounts like Monkee Mount do the hard work for you by allowing you to stretch instead of strain, and easily add more force when you massage. Get the relief you want, where you want it!
- Don’t Use on Broken/Damaged Skin: Using a massage gun on broken or damaged skin can be painful and ultimately cause more damage.
- Don’t Use Too Aggressively: Massage guns are powerful and don’t need to be held down hard on the body to be effective. As mentioned earlier, a massage gun mount like Monkee Mount can help reach places on your body and give just the right amount of force.
- Listen to Your Body: If you feel sore or you’re hurting after a massage gun session, you may be using it wrong or it’s not meant for you. Consult a professional with questions and remember that massage guns don’t replace stretching, physical therapy, etc.
- Don’t Get it Wet: Massage guns are not waterproof and should be kept out of water and away from liquids.
- Not Suitable for Everyone: Massage guns are not for everyone, including minors, pregnant women, and those with some underlying health conditions. Always consult a medical professional if you have any concerns or worries before purchasing.
When used properly, massage guns can be excellent additions to your home recovery routine. If you are interested in purchasing a Monkee Mount massage gun mount to help improve your overall massage gun experience, follow this link to our website today!
Disclaimer: This post is for general information only and is not intended to be individual training or medical advice. For questions about whether a massage gun is right for you, consult your doctor or physical therapist.